Selling a house is special – sell your home involves a lot of actions and processes which most of us are unfamiliar with. The fact that a house and lot can’t be moved makes it very different; the fact that a residence is going to become someone’s home and will be part of the buyer’s life for years or decades to come (a place where memories will be made) makes it a truly original transaction.
However, there are many things you can do to make sure your house is attractive to many buyers. All you need to do is make sure that you follow some time-tested steps. Are you thinking about selling your house at the right price? Here’s how to optimise house viewings if you want to quickly sell your house.
Prepare for viewings
Don’t think you can get away with an attitude of ‘what you see is what you get’ when it comes to online house sales and traditional sales strategies. Depending on the market situation, the potential buyers may have many other opportunities – or, if not, they might decide to play hardball regarding price. Put your best foot forward and prepare properly for viewings. Here are some hints and tips:
- Clean up. You want to make sure your house is clean and presentable. Pay attention to details. Have a great clean-up first.
- De-clutter. Get rid of stuff that you don’t need anymore. However, make sure you still keep it personal and cosy.
- Go for neutral. If you’re planning to repaint the house to add a touch of freshness, stick with neutral colours – this appeals to a greater audience.
- Take care of sounds and smells. You’ll want to make sure your neighbours aren’t noisy and that the smell of your dog is out of the house.
If your buyer accepts your selling price, great. If, however, they make an offer that is too low, you may want to negotiate. Here are some hints:
- Paying cash? This will save time regarding mortgage requirements.
- Check your time-scale. Do you want it sold quickly?
If nobody’s buying after some time, it’s helpful to understand why. Here are some hints:
- Get feedback. Your online estate agent may give you good advice.
- Check the promotional materials. Perhaps your brochures include old pictures.
- Reduce the price. Sometimes a small change in price is all it takes.
Selling a house is a tricky thing, and having professional advice at hand – or even better, having a professional estate agent do the hard work for you – will save you a lot of time, money, and headaches in the long run. Be sure, however, to find the agent that works for you and that has your best interests in mind. Good luck!
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/FreeDigitalPhotos.net