Who wouldn’t want a swimming pool in their backyard? If this is one of your dreams and you want it to come true, your first step should be to find experienced pool builders to help you. They should have an excellent reputation, and a significant portfolio of previously completed work to show you. All top pool builders have a body of work to show you.
Now, it can be quite difficult to find someone who can create exactly what you want to have in your backyard, particularly if you only have a vague idea yourself. Think about whether you want an in-ground pool or a different type of pool, what you want around your pool, the materials you like, the size, and more. Then you can start looking for a builder that has experience in creating just that.
Things to Look for in an Excellent Pool Builder
- They should be experienced in both pool design and construction.
- They should be able to give you advice in terms of what will and won’t work in your backyard, both aesthetically and practically.
- They will listen to your own needs and ideas and come up with something that matches that.
- They will offer both custom pools and standard pools.
- They will provide you with designs that are suitable for your space, and that match your personal ideas of what looks good as well.
- They will present you with an extensive portfolio and contact details of previously completed work. Make sure you actually check up on this. Most people agree to allow other people to see their pools in return for a discount on their own construction. Hence, if they are not too far from you, make sure that you actually go see them. But always make at least a few phone calls with references to make sure they are actually any good.
- They should enable you to agree on all the materials and the design, while giving you very clear details about what everything costs.
- They will not start any work until they have provided you with a legally binding contract that also explains the possible payment arrangements.
- They should be registered with the Better Business Bureau, where you can check whether they have received any complaints and, if so, how they have responded to those. If a complaint has been resolved, you are likely dealing with an excellent pool builder.
- They will provide you with information on what you should do if you are not 100% happy with the result of their work.
Having your own pool is a dream come true. However, it is a significant investment and you have to make sure that you get value for your money. By doing a bit of research before working with a pool builder, you will make sure that you won’t come to regret your investment. Do also look into whether or not you will see a return on investment on your pool by your house value rising.