Lighting is often underestimated. Lighting is not just a matter of providing light so you can see what you’re doing. Lighting comes in many forms and in various qualities like bollard lights, and it has the ability to transform your house either into a cozy home where anyone would be happy to put their feet up, or into an impersonal abode that reminds them of a factory in some forsaken country. Lighting is very important, and it really does make a big difference so make sure you choose Commercial Electrical Contractor Indianapolis for the electrical and lighting of your home.
So how do we decide which lighting is best for us? How do we choose, considering there are so many different kinds on the market? If you’re planning to make your home the best it can possibly be, here are some rules to follow. Here’s your guide to choosing the best lighting for every room in your home.
When you enter the home
- You can make a great first impression (and that counts for a lot). The foyer is usually the first place people see of your home, so a great lighting attribute, with a Strip Light Kit, will help make a favorable impression.
- Check the size. You want to be decorative, but you don’t want to overdo it – after all, if it’s too big, it may convey the wrong impression. The larger space you have, the larger your fixture needs to be. The smaller your space, the simpler your taste.
- Safety is important. Remember that the foyer, hallways, and stairs need to be well-lit for safety; you don’t want anyone tripping over carpets, rugs, mats, or slip down the stairs. Additionally, lighting should be installed properly to avoid accidents. Experts like Lighting Installation In Woodstock, Ga | Poss Electric can do this for you.
The living areas
This is where colour and intensity play a big part.
- Set the mood. Yellowish lighting sets a softer tone and is more appropriate for lamp shades and other forms of ambient light.
- Highlight certain areas. You may want to highlight some pictures, or some artwork – use whiter but focused light and consider spot lights or other similar fixtures, as suggested by lighting experts from http://www.housejunkie.co.uk.
- The kitchen. Safety is most important, so have bright lighting ready if you have to work.
- The bathroom. You need to relax but also to make sure you can do practical things. Have bright lights handy. Remember also that light in the bathroom needs to be surround so as not to create unwelcome shadows.
The house is not just a place where we live – it’s an area where we make ourselves at home, where we unwind and are able to do what we need to do and want to do, when we want to do it. It’s meant to be a safe place where we are comfortable and relaxed. Hiring the right interior designer for custom furnishings and having the proper lighting will go a long way to making everyone feel more at home. Having great lighting makes an incredible difference.
Image courtesy of stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net